About the Opportunity
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for a Marine Mechanic to maintain a fleet of 11 passenger vessels. Pay is competitive and based on experience. We offer quality healthcare and benefits including 401k, vacation time, sick time, and holiday pay. These positions require pre-employment and random drug testing per US Coast Guard regulations. Successful candidates will possess the ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced environment and assist with vessel preparations. Performance will be measured by management evaluation and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills.
- Routine inspections and maintenance as well as troubleshooting problems.
- Perform all preventative maintenance (i.e., oil changes, break-in services, annual services, lower-end services, cable replacements, etc.)
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation of all vessels, machinery, and equipment.
- Routinely inspects all areas of the vessels, stages, dock, and marine railway for unsafe conditions.
- Maintains operations and maintenance logs, paying particular attention to the proper recording of incidents and irregularities.
- Ensures a clean workplace throughout the day, at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Reports non-conformities to the Port Captain
- Always ensures the safe and efficient operation of the business using all available means.
- Supports Operations, Guest Experience, and all other departments with projects, and maintenance as required.
- Ensures that all Safety Equipment is present and in good working order.
- Role model safe working practices, good customer service, and professional behavior always.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Diesel engine experience is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a mechanic capacity performing maintenance, troubleshooting, and assisting in repair.
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently.
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel.
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with the job.
- Must be capable of performing emergency duties as listed in the vessel’s station bill
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: $20 starting depending on experience