About the Opportunity
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for Vessel Housekeepers with a positive attitude and a team player who must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and some holidays. Pay is competitive based on experience. Successful candidates will be motivated self-starters who are dependable and possess good communication skills. You will work in a fast-paced environment, keeping the vessels clean at all times. Reliability and a flexible schedule are a must. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with overall functions of the housekeeping department.
- Clean designated areas on vessels to include, but not limited to:
- Vacuum dining areas.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Dust furniture, light fixtures, lamps, and window ledges with appropriate furniture polish.
- Clean metal fixtures and fittings.
- Wipe down glass surfaces.
- Empty and change liners in trashcans.
- Clean restrooms, empty trash and
- Communicate with all staff in a respectful manner.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalence Certificate preferred
- One year experience as a housekeeper or janitor preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning, disinfection and sterilization preferred
- Must be able to take direction
- Available all major holidays, weekends and weekdays
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical & drug screen
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
Job Type: Part Time with Full Time consideration after 90 days