About the Opportunity
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for Deckhands with a positive attitude and a team player who must be able to work evenings, weekends, and most holidays. Successful candidates will possess the ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced environment and assist with vessel preparations. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills. We will give training; prior expertise in this industry is not necessary for this entry-level position. All that is needed is a strong work ethic and a desire to learn. Deckhands are expected to uphold the highest levels of guest and crew safety and to conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide enthusiastic hospitality and assistance to guests.
- Handle lines necessary for mooring the vessel.
- Stand watch and tour decks to maintain passenger and vessel safety.
- Assist the Captain during emergencies and effectively use safety equipment.
- Follow safety procedures to ensure the protection of passengers, crew, and the vessel
- Perform general maintenance duties such as mopping, sweeping, trash removal and bathroom servicing
- Load or unload materials such as trash from vessel
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards.
- Participate in routine safety & emergency preparedness drills
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass random drug and alcohol screenings
- Pre-employment and on-going random drug testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Receptive to working nights/weekends and major holidays
- May be required to apply for a Transportation Workers Identification Card.
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: Starting pay $18.00 + depending on experience