About the Opportunity
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for Captains with a positive attitude and a team player who must be able to work evenings, weekends, and most holidays. Successful candidates will possess the ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced environment and assist with vessel preparations. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the execution of all safety procedures, including emergency drills for all crew and passengers
- Ongoing crew management, training & drilling adhering to all applicable United States Coast Guard, Federal, and State laws
- Exceptional communication skills are essential
- Attention to customer service and guest satisfaction while providing exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers
- Detailed working knowledge of all ships systems and their proper maintenance
- Ability to analyze and solve problems while prioritizing tasks in order of importance
- Strong focus on teamwork with the ability to establish & maintain effective professional relationships
- Conduct thorough pre-cruise inspections while focusing on the appearance and cleanliness of the vessel
- Administrative and documentation duties as required
- Provide training to new and existing Captains and Deckhands
- Additional job duties as assigned
- 50 GT or higher Merchant Mariner Credential with a satisfactory record.
- CPR certified or certification can be provided
- Team player and have the ability to work independently
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based on race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
To apply for these positions please fill out the form and upload your resume.
Job Type: Part Time with Full-Time consideration after 90 days
Pay: Starting pay $25.00 + depending on experience