Set sail with a San Diego original. Our family business, Flagship Cruises & Events, has been serving and entertaining San Diego since 1915. We own and operate San Diego’s largest and finest fleet, ranging from luxury yachts to the Patriot, our 2,800-horsepower jet boat, to the iconic Coronado Ferry. We take great pride in our superior service and staff. We are always on the lookout for great people to add to our team. If you are looking for a unique work environment where you can further develop customer service skills and grow in the maritime industry this may be the opportunity for you.
Flagship Cruises & Events is looking for a Full-Time General Maintenance Technician to maintain a fleet of 11 passenger vessels. Pay is competitive based on experience. We offer quality healthcare and benefits including 401k, vacation time, sick time, and holiday pay. These positions require pre-employment and random drug testing per US Coast Guard regulations. You may also apply in person at 990 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego at the Ticket Booth. Please note that applying in person may result in an immediate interview.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and repair of vessel systems, and troubleshooting as needed, ie. potable water systems, sewage systems (associated pumps/piping), shore power transfer to generators, steering gear systems, bilge pump/alarms, sump pumps, galley grey water piping systems
- Replace navigation lighting and interior/exterior lighting
- Maintenance and repair of building structures, ie. lighting, plumbing, light carpentry work (door frame/wall repair).
- Perform proper hazardous waste management and disposal
- Evaluate supplies and materials needed and inform management in a timely manner in order to complete projects.
- Complete maintenance projects and repair work within the timeframe assigned, and inform management of all progress, delays, and/or challenges.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and management in order to ensure projects are completed in a timely, cost effective manner
- Must use proper safety equipment at all times
- Proper usage of hand and power tools
- Locate necessary parts and equipment needed for projects and repairs
- Assists yacht keeping with the cleaning of vessels, facilities, and piers as assigned and needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirement & Qualifications:
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- At least 2 years prior experience in maintenance of equipment mentioned above (in marine environment preferred), and working with tools/surfaces.
- High school diploma or equivalent recommended
- Must know how to safely and properly use hand and power tools needed for the job
- Commercial painting experience
Preferred but not required:
- Valid TWIC
- Must be able to lift/pull/push 50lbs
- Ability to bend, rotate and reach frequently
- Ascending/descending stairs or ladders safely
- Ability to maneuver through/in/around small and/or confined areas within the vessel
- Must be able to maintain both static and dynamic standing balance to complete various duties associated with job
Flagship Cruises & Events is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, Flagship Cruises & Events participates in the E-Verify.
Pay is based upon experience.